Saturday, April 18, 2009

I know where you live

      I've been doing this blog for a week and I have been reminded why I stopped doing it before.  I used to do pieces for Guardian Comment is Free and had to trawl through anything up to two hundred comments, many of which were abusive.  I really couldn't be bothered.   Why make myself depressed over a lot of stupid, ignorant posts from anonymous butt heads?  

      Of course, you don't have to read them and you don't have to respond.  But it doesn't quite seem in the spirit of the blog to ignore them completely.    You get a very disturbed view of humanity.  And of the blogosphere which seems to be populated by homophobic morons like these people who sent me these comments over the last 24 hours.  

Anonymous: Nothing objectionable about being homosexual. I guess you havnt had shit on the end of your knob? 

Dillinger: Macwhirlspin, do the good people of Britain a favour and contract lung cancer....you really are a total hoon 

Karin: You matey have got two faces and both of them need a good skelp.

Dave Hansell:  Opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one and in cases like this it's impossible to tell the difference between the opinion and the arsehole spouting it.


   Nice.  Though I don't quite understand the last one.  If opinions are like arseholes, then presumably everyone's opinions are going to look a bit arsehole-like, including his.  

    Now, the trouble with reading stuff like this - and it is typical - is that you end up starting thinking like them. You want to get out there and bite their teeth out.  You want to strangle them.  Like being in a car when someone gives you the finger or honks at you.  You have to fight the urge to roll down your window and tell the bastards to F@@k Off.  

  This rage saturates the blogosphere and it's very difficult not to get infected by it.   Like, how do some of these c@nts seem to know my own bloody personal email address when it isn't on Blogger?  It's a like being stalked by mad people.  I'm going to get a weapon and blow their shitty little heads off....you see if I don't!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now try stepping into my shoes!

Seriously, you don't want to know.

Nikostratos said...

Welcome to the mad bad world of the Blogosphere..it starts were the sewer pipe ends.You'll learn to love it in a disturbed kind of way.

Oh and treat your intent security like you would your Home...

there is some seriously weird people out here and I'm afraid with your schizophrenic attitude towards Independence and the 'union'.


You Iain are destined to meet a lot of them......

subrosa said...

Comment moderation Ian. I'm very fortunately I have a courteous readership on the whole but of course there is always the odd brainless individual.

Oh dear SU, is it any wonder when your blog consists of selective cut and paste work instead of your opinion without the help of your scissor skills?

Richard Havers said...

Have you read the News of the World yet? It's just blown the Brown/Labour party/Draper/McBride/Whelen business wide open...

Stuart Winton said...

"Nice. Though I don't quite understand the last one. If opinions are like arseholes, then presumably everyone's opinions are going to look a bit arsehole-like, including his."

Ah, but Dave was discriminating enough to say that his analysis only applied "in cases like this", so presumably he has some highly developed theory for nauncing degrees of arseholeism, but which he's yet to share with us.

Or perhaps, as you allude, it's Dave who's arsehole-in-chief!!

Anonymous said...

Is what any wonder, Subrosa?

Anonymous said...

It is the downside of the intenet, everything has a downside.

People who have bugger all to do with themselves can realease their ID monsters via the WWW. These people probably wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life, but give them a keyboard and internet access and off they go.........

Sean Connery for President said...

I empathise with your 'blog-rage' theory. I once rebuked one of Guido's neanderthal commenters on his/her racism and got around 20 replies telling me to f-off. I don't even bother reading the comments now.

You've pointed out some of the terrible inadequacies of the blogosphere, yet blogs still seem to be overwhelming the mainstream press in readership.
With the recent round of journalistic redundancies, I'd be interested in your views on how the dead-tree press is going to counter the blogosphere.
If we, as readers, are not careful then we'll very quickly lose the art of journalism (good and bad). It'll be replaced with lots of half-arsed opinion that has little to do with fact or proper research. Those that have a specific axe to grind will start dictating the news rather than reporting it. What happens then?
Is it up to us, as readers, to try and gain a balanced view of the world by selecting the correct blogs to read? - Is that just the same as selecting a newspaper to read?

I can see some cataclysmic things about to happen in the land of the journo - I only hope you boys are ready for it.

Dark Lochnagar said...

Iain, just switched on. I am a big fan. Keep up the good work. What happened to the comments section in the Herald on line?


http://darklochnagar.blogspot.com

Observer said...

Ignore the trolls and keep on blogging Iain. It's a great read.

sm753 said...

Iain

As I said to you a couple of days ago, anonymity is a necessity, for most of us, in view of the hordes of nutters out there.

And in the Scottish context, I have to say that the threats of violence and exposure emanate exclusively from only one end of the nationalist-unionist spectrum. I leave it to a check of the Hootsmon comments pages to establish which one that is.

RevStu said...

Anonymity is "necessary" only for cowards and paid trolls. I don't always agree with Mr McWhirter (though I do more often than not), but he will always have a million times more respect and authority than dodgy trolls using playground nicknames to hide their/their paymasters' opinions behind.

In 20 years as a lesser strain of journalist I've had more death threats in the mail from Daily Star readers with remedial handwriting and green pens than I can remember, but I'm still not scared to put my own name on what I write, and nobody who is deserves any respect whatsoever.

- Rev. S. Campbell